For years there have been those individuals who claim that “SEO is dead” with the intent to poke the SEO bear and get some attention and buzz on the web. Well to once again set the record straight we have some more SEO Myth Busting for you in this post.
SEO is more than just link building and key word stuffing. SEO is the process of making the Internet more user friendly. Good SEO is written for human beings and not for Google. The reason that Google updates like Panda and Penguin appear to crush SEOs is because they were trying to find loopholes and they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak. True SEO is the art of producing quality content (blogs, videos, images, etc.) and connecting with an audience and as a result your Google rankings will increase because you are recognized as an authority on your subject.
If you still aren’t convinced, here are some numbers that may put things in perspective: Over 100 billion people search Google every month and $23 billion was spent on search and SEO marketing in 2012 with the intent to attract, engage and convert those searchers into customers. SEO is a billion dollar industry because it is important and it is clearly still alive and kicking.
So now that you know that SEO is alive and well, here are the reasons that it will stay that way:
- The goal of search engines, like Google, is to provide users with the most relevant content possible. Good SEO provides users with well constructed content and high rankings are the results of a symbiotic relationship with search engines and SEO marketers.
- Organic results matter- if users knew that all their search results were ads they would look elsewhere to conduct their searches.
- Social results are still too messy and noisy for users to get the information they are looking for.
- Good SEO practices are profitable- providing customers with high quality content is a great way to convert them to your brand.
- Modern SEO is art and science, building upon creative and technical skills that make it easy for search engines to find, copy and sort your content in the search results.
- SEO is about creating an experience that helps search engines provide people what they’re looking for at the time they need it.
For more myth busting check out this post: http://www.orangetailmarketing.com/setting-the-record-straight-on-content-marketing
Good Luck Marketing!
For these and other blogs from Orange Tail Marketing go to www.OrangeTailMarketing.com. Orange Tail Marketing an Ogden Utah Business provides quality search engine marketing, social media marketing, local search marketing as well as long term email nurture campaigns for businesses all around North America. Feel free to call us today at 801-317-TAIL (8245)